Click here for a tour of the Round House:
3D virtual tour
We offer a “home away from home” experience with full modern amenities. Built in 2005, Cave Hill Round House is a light-filled generous contemporary home. We have everything you need for a comfortable stay, including central AC and heat, a fully equipped kitchen with utensils and cookware, a deck with gas grill, as well as internet, satellite TV, games and more.
On the first floor you can relax in our great room, complete with 2-story windows, a wood burning stove, and a view to the upper level. Cook your favorite meal in our spacious and well-stocked kitchen, seat 6 at our dining room table or up to 12 with two additional leaves, or enjoy grilling out on the deck with table and chairs for outdoor dining. The first floor also has a half bath and laundry room with washer and dryer.
The second floor features two private bedrooms - the master bedroom has a queen bed and private full bath, while our second bedroom boasts a king bed with adjoining full bath. In addition, we offer a pull-out sleeper sofa and double bed futon in two separate alcoves overlooking opposite ends of the great room. The third floor cupola is a beautiful wood paneled room with 360-degree views of the property. A queen size mattress on a frame can be requested for this space. Smoking is not permitted inside the cabin.
Please click on Amenities to see a full list of what we offer.
The Round House is located at the end of a half mile private road at 778 Cave Hill Road in Winchester, Ohio, and is totally secluded.
Sleeps 6-8 guests (all on upper floors)
• Bedroom #1 — queen bed and private bath with shower
• Bedroom #2 — king bed with adjoining bath with tub/shower
• Alcove #1 — double sofa bed
• Alcove #2 — double bed futon
• Cupola room — queen open out bed (upon request)
Bathrooms Two full baths on the second floor, a half bath on the first floor.
Pet friendly Your dog will enjoy romping and exploring the woods surrounding the cabin.
Amenities The Round House has central heat/air conditioning, wifi via hotspot, satellite TV and DVD player, board games, puzzles and decks of cards. We offer boutique amenities – crisp hand ironed sheets and pillow cases, handsome comforters on the beds, fluffy towels, natural soap and shampoo.
Cozy living room with wood burning stove Relax in the living room before a warm stove, surrounded by warm pine paneling with cedar trim. We supply local seasoned hand split hardwood, kindling, newspaper and fire lighter in season (fall, winter, and early spring).
Fully equipped kitchen Prepare your family meals in our well stocked kitchen. We supply placemats, dishes and silverware, wine glasses, linens, pillows, towels and paper goods. Kitchen equipment includes refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, electric mixer and cooking utensils. A high chair and booster seat are available upon request.
Dining room seats up to 12 guests Enjoy your meals gathered around the large dining room table . . . or make it a game table or jigsaw puzzling table for great family memories.
Limited internet for email and light browsing; no streaming due to limited data plan
Entertainment DISH TV in great room and a DVD player. Bring your own DVDs.
Deck Gas Grill on the deck overlooking the woods – table and chairs for dining and lounging.
Immerse yourself in nature Your children will be intrigued to stay in a cabin surrounded by woods. Walk our woodland path to the cave. You’ll get muddy exploring the cave, bring clean clothes and shoes and remember to bring a flashlight.
• Friday and Saturday nights and Holidays: $225 per night
• Weeknights: $185/night
• 15% discount on stays longer than 6 nights
• Winter rates Jan & Feb $175/night
• 2-night minimum stay
• Prices are for up to 4 guests; $20/night for each additional adult; $10/night for each additional child
• Max guests: 8
• Well-behaved dogs welcome with $40 pet fee. No cats please.
Confirmed reservations require a deposit of 25% of the total rental charge. The balance is due 30 days before arrival.
Reservations may be cancelled with a $25 service charge up to 30 days prior to arrival. Deposits on reservations cancelled within 30 days of arrival will not be refunded.
• Guests are responsible for damaged, broken and missing items
• No smoking in the house. Use caution outside, since the woods are frequently dry. If you smoke outside, please pick up your butts and filters.
• No ATV’s, dirt bikes or other motorized vehicles are allowed off road.
• No firearms or hunting allowed.
• Cave Hill Road is a private one lane gravel road. There are often ruts and chuckholes. Please drive slowly and cautiously. If you meet an oncoming car, please pull over or into the nearest driveway, which may be behind you.
Here are some nearby attractions:
• Great Serpent Mound
• Miller’s Amish Furniture, Bakery, and Bulk Foods
• The Nature Conservancy’s Edge of Appalachia Preserve
• Chaparral Prairie
• Davis Memorial Nature Preserve
• Keim’s Amish Family Market and Deli
For more on things to do, visit our Local Attractions page.
Find Cave Hill Cabin on Facebook
BOOK ONLINE NOW!
For a quote, click the “Book Online Now!” button. Our link is to a secure outside payment site.
Reserved dates may not display on all devices/browsers.